Friday, July 25, 2008

Oh the joys of cleaning!


One might ask just exactly why there is a picture of my callused right hand and a vacuum cleaner. Well I'll tell you why. I've been complaining about the two vacuum cleaners we've had for months on end. I'm sure Darrin was SO tired of the constant complaining. It seemed like no matter how much I vacuumed it still wasn't clean, or at least not to my standard. Yes, the DOG, our beloved Buddy is a constant source of hair. So my loving husband read all he could and researched through his consumer reports magazines and found that the Kenmore Progressive Direct Drive Intelliclean vacuum was high on the charts. I guess Kenmore has had some good vacuums for almost the last eight years. So we drove over to the Sears Grand and had a look and guess what, IT WAS ON SALE! Now for any of you who know me, that is a good thing because I am a shopper but I almost always buy on sale and especially big ticket items. I of course wasn't quite ready to make the purchase and needed a few days to think about it, but by the middle of the week we went back and purchased. WOW! What a great vacuum! Now I'm not getting any kick backs from Sears for writing this, but if I could...Anyway, yesterday we cleaned AND cleaned AND cleaned. This vacuum has a sensor on it that only gives you a green light AFTER the carpets are clean. And all this time I THOUGHT they were clean... It was a LONG day (10AM-11:30 PM before I finally sat down) and lots of hard work and as you can see by the calluses I've got on my hands no fun, BUT I'm happy to say I feel like the carpets are finally truly clean. Now we should be ready for the carpet cleaners to come on Tuesday! After everyone's hard work (the kids and Darrin worked their tails off), we are off to Mesquite and St. George, Utah this weekend to enjoy some family fun at the pool, hopefully a movie and/or bowling and an outdoor theater performance at Tuacahn of Les Miserables.

No comments: