Monday, August 25, 2008

THE BUMP! Pregnancy Update! 32 weeks and counting...

Here it is-the PREGNANCY picture! We are now at 32 weeks and counting. In approximately 8 weeks we will have a little girl! I have had a rather uneventful pregnancy. I didn't experience morning sickness and aside from a nasal drip that began a few months ago I have felt really good. My ankles (I refer to them as cankles right now) began swelling last week and resembled a can of bisquits bursting open, but after keeping them elevated, staying off of them, and getting plenty of rest, I was back to normal for this first day of school. The Dr. seems pleased with the progress and now that I'm going ever two weeks, it is becoming more and more real that she will be here soon. Tonight I went with one of my friend's to a yoga class for pregnant women. It was a lot of fun and quite relaxing. My friend is expecting twins! It seems like I've had a lot of friends that have had babies recently or are expecting in the near future. I guess the good news is we can provide support for one another.

We did decide on a name but I'm not going to post it just yet, because I'd love some feedback on the spelling. If you take Darrin and put a J on the beginning of it you would have the name of our daughter. We don't want to spell it Jarrin. So if you have any feedback on a more girly spelling, email us. We are hoping to find a way to spell it that will produce the least amount of mispronunciations throughout her life. Hmmm...I guess with a name like "Jura" you sort of get used to being called everything but the right thing. Last week I was "Hura," "Juna," "Jurah," and even "e-jooorah." Go figure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jura,what about Jarryn?

Anonymous said...

You look so great for 7 mos pregnant! Love your blog- your family is so cute!